Old 04-06-2012, 11:57 PM posted to rec.gardens
putter2 putter2 is offline

Default best quality 1 - 2 gallon hand sprayer?

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 11:16:29 -0400, Ohioguy wrote:

As a kid, I used a really nice quality poly hand pump sprayer to
apply pesticides and foliar fertilizers. It had a brass wand, handle
and tip. I believe the cup inside was actually leather, and if it
wasn't compressing well, you could simply work vaseline into the leather
cup, making it supple again.

I've tried two pump hand sprayers since then. One said "Better Homes
and Gardens", and was a piece of crap. I forget what the other one was,
but I could never seem to get the pressure up as much as I would have
liked, and the plastic tip and handles never seemed to work that well.

Can anyone recommend a good brand, or perhaps even a wonderful make
and model that they have been happy with? I don't care if it is 40
bucks - I just don't want to feel like trashing if after just a few
weeks because of disappointment in quality.

Thanks!

Birchmeier is the best.

Gemplers has several good devices.

http://www.gemplers.com/handheld-sprayers/2