Old 07-06-2012, 02:14 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Ecnerwal Ecnerwal is offline

Default Everything else is early,

In article ,
songbird wrote:

have you ever grown adzuki beans?

I haven't grown them, but when I bought some bulk it was an
illusion-crushing experience to find that all they are is a small red
kidney bean that tastes pretty much the same as a large red kidney bean,
and the sweetness of the red pean paste associated with them has nothing
to do with the red bean used and everything to do with a lot of sugar...

Or at least that was my impression upon cooking a batch up.