Old 07-06-2012, 08:03 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Snag Snag is offline

Default Squash Borers , again ...

I've been watching for eggs , and looks like they slipped past me again .
I was checking my acorns and zukes last night , and found frass ... and I
was ****ed . I'm pretty sure I got 'em all , all 3 zukes and both acorns had
the little *******s , but the worms were small , only about a half inch long
..
I was a bit surprised to find none on the cantalopes or pumpkins , but
I'll be keeping an eye out for signs . I really don't want to use chemicals
, but DE poses another set of problems . If it gets wet , it does no good
anymore . That means I'll have to change the way I water , and will have ro
reapply after every rainstorm or heavy dew .

Suggestions are welcome ...
--
Snag
Learning keeps