Old 07-06-2012, 06:44 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Brian Watson[_2_] Brian Watson[_2_] is offline

Default Silted Up Pond

"Stephen Wolstenholme" wrote in message
On Sun, 3 Jun 2012 11:32:00 EDT, "Brian Watson"
wrote:

All very "in balance" but the muck level is rising and I do need to get
quite a bit of it out with minimal impact on my wildlife.

Can you recommend a suction device with an effective front-end filter that
would shlurp up the muck but leave the tadpoles and other wildlife
unaffected?

I set up the outflow of the filter to gently stir up the muck. After a
lot of adjustments I found a balanced state that slowly removed the
muck without causing too much murky water or killing the wildlife.
That was about 30 years ago but, SFAIK, it is still working.

Thank you.

--
Brian