Old 07-06-2012, 11:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kathy Kathy is offline

Default Magpies digging up plants & nicking tags?

"Janet" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

I recently found that something had been digging around in one of my
vegetable containers; at first I figured it was a cat, but there was
no poo, & three copper plant tags had disappeared. I've seen magpies
around occasionally this year, & someone told me they like to take
shiny things back to their nests.

Comments, suggestions?

I've seen crows collecting small treasures they take a fancy to.

My jackdaw once took a fancy to one of my gold sleeper earrings. Never did
find it.

--
Kathy