Old 08-06-2012, 03:33 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Phyllis and Jim Phyllis and Jim is offline

Default Replacement Pump - What do you do?

We went with a second Pondmaster as a replacement/backup. We thought we could aford it. Our pump is outside the pond and easily replaced by unscrewing two unions in out 1.5" lines. Takes about 20 min start to finish.

Our original in-pond pump was at the bottom of our 7' 'deep well' in the center of the pond. At 65, I had no problem diving down, undoing it and pulling it out. Thought that could be a problem in a decade or two. Don't ever have to do it again!

Let us know what you decide.