Old 09-06-2012, 02:22 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Chipmunks eating my blueberries

On 8 Jun 2012 18:08:29 GMT, General Schvantzkoph
wrote:

I just saw a chipmunk eating my blueberries, any suggestions about how to
kill them? My cats are indoor cats because it's no longer safe for cats in
my neighborhood. I'm going to set a number of mousetraps, are there any
poisons that are good for chipmunks?

My dad nets his blueberries for birds-- don't know if he has a
chipmunk problem. I've got them eating all my gooseberries, so
I'm going to start trapping them with a drowning set. [1/2 full 5
gallon bucket with a cover & a bit of pipe leading down into the
bucket. Peanut butter smeared on the inside of the lid so they can
smell it.]

Mouse traps are too small-- but rat traps or ratzappers will work.

Jim