Old 09-06-2012, 11:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Is the UK humid?

"BlackThumb" wrote in message

I have done some searching on Google, and people say it is. The reason
why I'm asking is because I have had a Camellia Sinensis and Coffea
Arabica for a couple of months now, and they are growing. The only
problem I had was when I left the Camellia Sinensis next to a window.

Apparently they need high humidity and it's best to spray them every
day, but I have become lazy with this and spray them once-twice a week.
They are growing just as well.

I was wondering if we have the correct humidity for growing them, and
whether this would affect the humidity inside your house. I have
recently moved them to the kitchen, close to the sink, assuming this
would give a higher humidity.

Thank you.

I have a humidity meter which I needed once to hatch chicken eggs. It's
showing 70% in my spare bedroom now, it does not cost too much to buy if you
need to know for whatever reason.

I don't know what your plant needs, but would 70 be enough? If so, you
already have it.