Old 10-06-2012, 06:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default Is the UK humid?

On Jun 9, 4:49*pm, BlackThumb wrote:
I have done some searching on Google, and people say it is. The reason
why I'm asking is because I have had a Camellia Sinensis and Coffea
Arabica for a couple of months now, and they are growing. The only
problem I had was when I left the Camellia Sinensis next to a window.

Apparently they need high humidity and it's best to spray them every
day, but I have become lazy with this and spray them once-twice a week.
They are growing just as well.

I was wondering if we have the correct humidity for growing them, and
whether this would affect the humidity inside your house. I have
recently moved them to the kitchen, close to the sink, assuming this
would give a higher humidity.

Thank you.

--
BlackThumb

You need to understand the concept of relative humidity. It may be
high RH outdoors but indoors it can be low RH just because the air has
been heated.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relative_humidity