Old 10-06-2012, 08:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Is the UK humid?

In article , wrote:

Camellia sinensis is a tropical montaigne plant, which is why
it does well in the West Country - Coffea arabica comes from
Ethiopia, and I believe that it may be the same (though quite
possibly requiring less humidity, as I have seen it growing
in central Africa on the savanna).

Er, no. Sorry. Camellia is SUB-tropical - Coffea is tropical.
But, anyway, the conditions where tea is grown in the sub-tropics
and tropics are fairly similar to those in Cornwall. Coffee
prefers slightly hotter and drier conditions, as I understand it.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.