Old 10-06-2012, 07:00 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Chipmunks eating my blueberries

On Sun, 10 Jun 2012 10:27:24 -0400, Boron Elgar
wrote:

On Sun, 10 Jun 2012 06:44:06 -0400, Jim Elbrecht
wrote:

Boron Elgar wrote:
-snip-
I have found many odd creatures in the Have-a-Heart traps we set out
for groundhogs, though...skunks, possums, raccoons, cats, crows....and
the groundhogs, natch.

Never got a crow-- but I've gotten the rest of your assortment-- and a
Fisher. As fierce as they look, he was as docile as the skunks. [and
I released him the same way- with a blanket and extreme cautiong]

Jim

Wow. We do not have them around here at all. I do not think I'd like
to confront an angry one in a trap, either.

If he had been angry I would have dispatched him from a distance-- but
he was sleeping in the morning and just looked at me when I spoke to
him.

So I got the 'skunk blanket' - approached again - covered the trap,
and opened the door. He sauntered out in about 10 minutes and
walked into the woods. I wished him a long and fruitful life and
recommended he eat squirrels instead of porcupines.

Jim