Old 10-06-2012, 06:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Out, out, damn slug!

On 10/06/2012 16:24, Baz wrote:
wrote in
:

On 10/06/2012 15:13, Baz wrote:
wrote in
:

On 10/06/2012 13:25, Stephen Wolstenholme wrote:
On Sun, 10 Jun 2012 12:49:15 +0100,
wrote:

After a tiring day in the garden yesterday, I went upstairs to
prepare for bed. I pulled my (pretty pink 'Victorian') nightdress
from under my pillow and was about to put it on ...

Eeek! Yuk! There was a slug slowly dehydrating within the folds
of aforementioned nightie :~((! Deeply disgusting .. shudder. I
had no idea that being a gardener would be so traumatic.

Gardening in a nightdress could be a problem!

Steve

It would be a considerable problem since my nightie reaches my
little pink toes; and, before you mention it, I don't sleep in the
flower bed, either! ;~)

Do you have double glazing? If so, are the frames sealed properly?
Slugs can get into the house through the smallest of gaps. Horrible
things.

Baz

Yes, we do and yes they are, although we do open the window to air the
room. I shall have to stand on guard duty now :~/

No, what I meant is that they will get through at ground level if the door
frames, for example are not sealed. Not through open windows!

Right. Understood. I th-th-think the ssssseals are okay ... reaches
for the metaldehyde.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London