Old 10-06-2012, 06:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Out, out, damn slug!

On 2012-06-10 15:59:54 +0100, "Bob Hobden" said:

"Spider" wrote

After a tiring day in the garden yesterday, I went upstairs to
prepare for bed. I pulled my (pretty pink 'Victorian') nightdress
from under my pillow and was about to put it on ...

Eeek! Yuk! There was a slug slowly dehydrating within the folds of
aforementioned nightie :~((! Deeply disgusting .. shudder. I had no
idea that being a gardener would be so traumatic.

I reckon you must have had a slug on you when you went to bed the
night before and that is how got into your nighty. Of course it means
you slept with it all night. Sweet dreams. :-)

OR - this is getting a bit A Christie - it was a clean nightdress. The
slug got into the washing basket, was dehydrated when ironed and simply
folded up and put away clean!

Thank you, at least, for surmising that it was a clean nightdress.
However, I do as little ironing as I can get away with ... I *never*
iron slugs - no matter how creased they are!

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London