Old 10-06-2012, 10:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default It it just me ...?

"Jake" wrote ((Huge Snip))

This is about GardenBanter! :~)

Whilst showing a young couple an allotment that is vacant on our site I
mentioned urg and Newsgroups to them and they looked blank, when I mentioned
that Newsgroups predated the www I think they thought I was mad. A lot of
people out there have never heard of Newsgroups, certainly not Usenet, and
do everything, including e-mails, on the web, they don't use a mail program
so never see the little word "newsgroups" which might make them curious
which is what happened to me a lifetime ago. All those people will only ever
come to urg via a web based portal like Gardenbanter.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.