Old 11-06-2012, 12:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Suzuki M120X 2 stroke starter parts issue

"Jonny5" wrote in message

Hi all, this is my first thread! I'm working on my first Suzuki M120X
engine. I picked up an Etesia mower this afternoon. It started well at
the sellers house but when I got home it tried to start then the pull
cord would pull all the way out without engaging the starter hub. I've
taken the starter apart and there's just one pawl/dog. Is this right?
There's no dog spring as in parts diagrams and the plastic housing has
broken off which is molded to the rope pulley. I've looked on the Bay
for Suzuki spares but there's not much about. So I reckon I need a new
rope pulley and a dog spring.

Does anyone know a good place to source these parts?

Many thanks

TBH, I'd take it back.