Old 11-06-2012, 09:07 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina Websell View Post
These haven't been hardened off at all, straight out of the greenhouse into
the ground. I'd assumed (wrongly) that he'd have done the same as you do and
only thought to ask after we'd planted them. Too late by then.
I will find out soon whether hardening courgettes off is necessary..

Tina
Where was he growing them? I assume that once I'm leaving the greenhouse door open all day, anything on the cold end is going to be just as happy outside as in. My hardening off regime is mainly cutting down the water to toughen up the stems in the hope of making them unattractive to slugs.