Old 11-06-2012, 04:28 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Apple Tree, lubricants?

DaveRave wrote:
Hello there GB!

I have an apple tree in my back garden that I have only ever tended
for, I've never picked the apples but I'm considering it this year.

Each time I have attempted the apples have been covered in a white
substance. I assumed it was just plant semen.

It was kind of gross so I just left it, I don't know why it was
covered with this semen like lubricant but it did not smell, taste or
look nice.

None of my friends have had this problem... can any one help?

Is it just the tree, or is someone having me on?

Any information would be very helpfull!

Thank you!

-David

Assuming that it is not you who is doing the leg-pulling, plants do not have
semen so it must be something else. Can you describe it in more detail?
Better still how about a picture.