Old 11-06-2012, 08:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default My free seeds from Grow it magazine

Christina Websell wrote:
These haven't been hardened off at all, straight out of the greenhouse into
the ground. I'd assumed (wrongly) that he'd have done the same as you do and
only thought to ask after we'd planted them. Too late by then.
I will find out soon whether hardening courgettes off is necessary..

I must admit, I'm not a stickler for hardening off. My version of hardening
off is to move from 'in the house' to 'in the greenhouse'. At this time of
year I don't think it makes /that/ much difference. Birds, slugs and mice
are a lot more of a problem than the weather, normally. (Although given the
rain today, I may get more drownings)