Old 11-06-2012, 06:16 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Maroochy[_4_] Maroochy[_4_] is offline

Default Lantana-0869

Suzie-Q wrote:
It's a weed here in Texas, too, but people do grow it
intentionally in some gardens and pots.

It's just about a hanging offence here in Australia to cultivate it. They
did produce a hybrid that was suppose to be sterile, however it was found
that if grown near "wild" lantana it did reproduce.
We have removed so much of it from our land, in the past 2 years, it's been
a major job, as it was entwined in trees and in same cases had killed small
trees. I think we have now totally eradicated it from our place, but there
is still an awful lot of it on council land, the other side of our fence. On
day we will tackle it.