Old 11-06-2012, 06:21 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Maroochy[_4_] Maroochy[_4_] is offline

Default Lantana-0869

Sj wrote:

I know this is grown in gardens in some parts of the world, but here
in Australia, it is a much detested, obnoxious weed. Still it does
have a pretty flower. :-)

I replied in the photo ng ... weed???

A noxious weed at that. In our climate it goes totally wild, takes over
acres and acres of land and eventually nothing else will grow there. It's
hard to eradicate and (as my arms show) it becomes very prickly and the cuts
can be come infected.

No way ... they're gorgeous ... I feed them every few
weeks, have LOTS of flowers, & the hummingbirds
LOVE them! As do the bees

Yes, but here the birds pass the seeds on to another area and more of the
freaking stuff grows and kills more native vegetation.