Old 11-06-2012, 12:18 PM
June Gamble June Gamble is offline
Registered User

Unhappy Rose of Sharon

Hello Everyone

I have had a Rose of Sharon in my garden since I moved to the property 15 years ago. It has always been about hip height and has always had plenty of yellow flowers, followed by lovely berries. It has always been neat and tidy and required no maintenance whatsoever. It also used to attract a lot of bees to the garden, which I really liked.

This year it has gone bananas. It has virtually doubled in size and is no longer neat and tidy. I don't recall doing anything to it at all.

I'm completely baffled by it.

Please could someone tell me what has happened to my lovely shrub and if there is anything I can do in June to reduce its size without impacting the flowers for this year?

Many thanks

June