Old 11-06-2012, 05:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Suzuki M120X 2 stroke starter parts issue

"Jonny5" wrote ...

Hi all, this is my first thread! I'm working on my first Suzuki M120X
engine. I picked up an Etesia mower this afternoon. It started well at
the sellers house but when I got home it tried to start then the pull
cord would pull all the way out without engaging the starter hub. I've
taken the starter apart and there's just one pawl/dog. Is this right?
There's no dog spring as in parts diagrams and the plastic housing has
broken off which is molded to the rope pulley. I've looked on the Bay
for Suzuki spares but there's not much about. So I reckon I need a new
rope pulley and a dog spring.

Does anyone know a good place to source these parts?

That engine was also used by Flymo amongst others so try a Flymo dealer,
look for a real garden machinery shop no point in asking in a shed or GC.
There is a chap breaking that engine and selling the parts on e-bay, might
be worth a phone call.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.