Old 11-06-2012, 06:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Out, out, damn slug!

On 11/06/2012 09:52, David Hill wrote:
On 10/06/2012 22:30, Spider wrote:
On 10/06/2012 20:09, David Hill wrote:
On 10/06/2012 14:46, Spider wrote:
On 10/06/2012 13:25, Stephen Wolstenholme wrote:
On Sun, 10 Jun 2012 12:49:15 +0100, wrote:

After a tiring day in the garden yesterday, I went upstairs to
prepare
for bed. I pulled my (pretty pink 'Victorian') nightdress from
under my
pillow and was about to put it on ...

Eeek! Yuk! There was a slug slowly dehydrating within the folds of
aforementioned nightie :~((! Deeply disgusting .. shudder. I had no
idea that being a gardener would be so traumatic.

Gardening in a nightdress could be a problem!

Steve

It would be a considerable problem since my nightie reaches my little
pink toes; and, before you mention it, I don't sleep in the flower bed,
either! ;~)

But taking it off to garden could also cause a few problems

I would blush, but since I was a little girl in freezing Yorkshire (no
heating), I've always dressed under my nightie. Hence, when I take my
nightie off, I'm all kitted out for the garden. There, that's not what
you expected, is it?!

I'd have thought that the wellies would make a mess of your sheets.

Wellies by the back door, *slippers* by the bed :~).

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London