Old 11-06-2012, 11:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default My free seeds from Grow it magazine

Sacha wrote:
On the other side of the North Sea we are in the middle of a series of
thunderstorms. They are heading your way.

We had one this morning, quite brief but accompanied by stair rod rain.
This evening had a lovely sunny period for an hour or so.

One nice thing about this weather - I'd forgotten how much I enjoy the sound
of rain on a glass roof! I suppose I really ought to get a conservatory
built one day. But for now I'll just go do some potting up in the greenhouse.

Speaking of which, repotted a bunch of sad looking tomatoes that are destined
for the school fete, if they start to thrive a bit. Looks like they were too
wet and the soil was too heavy. Should have looked for some vermiculate or
something, but that would have meant going out in the rain ...

Also found 4 or 5 slugs and snails hiding around under pots in the greenhouse.
Grr.