Old 12-06-2012, 09:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default June 21st - darkest day

On Tue, 12 Jun 2012 09:49:34 +0100, "David WE Roberts"
wrote:

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"David WE Roberts" wrote in message
As I understand it after the darkest day the days start to get lighter
and we can look forward eventually to Spring and Summer and lovely sunny
weather.

Can't wait.

Eh? June 21st is the lightest day, but I suppose you are joking.
No sign of summer here.
Threw it down all day.

I think you will find that it is merely the longest day :-(
It was as dark as winter yesterday, and the mornings are incredibly gloomy.
Monsoon predicted to go on for another couple of weeks.
Which should take us up to/past the 21st.

And the implication is that on June 21 it will simply rain for longer.

Cheers, Jake
Urgling from Swansea Bay. Dave's at that end; I'm at this end.
Bill G's in the middle. Come to think of it, where is Bill G these days?