Old 12-06-2012, 05:20 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granity View Post
I wont do a long reply as it really comes down to a matter of personal preferences.

I'm not certain what you mean about incorrect threading, the most recent post comes at the end of the thread and you have a button to click on at the start of each thread heading to take you to the first new post, or you can select the last page of a multi-page thread, essential really as some threads in the main forum I use can reach a thousand pages in length.
That's exactly what I mean by incorrect threading!

Each topic, if it goes on for more than a few posts, tends to split. So for example A and Z both reply, B replies to A, Y replies to Z, and you in effect have two "threads" both under the same heading. 20 posts on the 'threads' have completely diverged, and there are now 6 of them. A good newsreader reflects this threading so you can read one thread to the end (or not, if you prefer) before going to the next. A web forum presents them in order of posting so you are dodging about all over the place.

Quote:

Reading and composing off line, well you can compose off line using something like notepad and then cut and paste into the forum,
Yes, but how tedious is that!!

And I get fed up of having to add in the quote and end-of-quote tags if I want to reply to several points in a post.