Old 13-06-2012, 07:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Need advice on how to build a small rockery

Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Tue, 12 Jun 2012 19:35:35 +0000, Bluelady wrote:

I have purchashed lots of alpines and quite a few rocks and would like
to make a feature of them within a small rockery. It will be in the
corner of the garden where the two fences meet. I have no idea, how to
build or start the rockery. Can anyone give me advice please.

Take rocks and heap them up in the corner, fill spaces between rocks
with soil, stuff plants into soil. Just like arranging crysthanamums
in a vase.

Once read a book on the subject which included two styles you
don't want to achieve: "almond cake" and "alas poor Fido". The
aim is for as natural-looking as you can manage.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.