Old 13-06-2012, 05:27 PM
Dean25 Dean25 is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Brown View Post
On 12/06/2012 16:58, Dean25 wrote:
Janet;961444 Wrote:
In article , Dean25.a4c6176
@gardenbanter.co.uk says...-

Janet;961348 Wrote: -
In article
, Dean25.a4bb8b6
@gardenbanter.co.uk says...
-
Im really just looking for replies from people who have the tree!
Helpful comments only people!-

You appear to be under the delusion you have reached the customer
advisory desk at a garden centre dedicated to serving you.

This is a discussion group, called uk.rec.gardening, which is
completely independent of gardenbanter.

There is no membership, no moderator, anyone here is free to DISCUSS
rhus
typhina whether or not what they say is relevent to your
post.Gardenbanter
has no control over what is discussed here, or who replies, and
neither
do
you.

Janet.-

Your incredibly rude Janet.-

But the really annoying thing, is that I'm right.
-
I had never used this site before until last
night-

If she puts you off using Garden banter then so much the better.

Does that give you some right to jump in feet first and behave like a

spoiled two year old? Not here it doesn't. This is NOT A "SITE".

Janet

You are deluded janet, My comment : "helpful comments only" was directed
at the person who advised me too burn down any sumachs, after I had
quoted it was my favourite tree in my opening paragraph. I CREATED this
thread with the intention of aquiring suckers from someone local, I
didnt CREATE this thread to discuss Sumachs with people. Thats not being
rude, its being honest. If I misunderstood the purpose of this website,
I fail to see how that is your concern? You obviously have a serious
attitude problem and if you cant say anything nice, might I suggest you
say nothing at all???

The problem is that the website you are posting though is a parasitic
feed to a much older Usenet news service. Some of the posters here are
decidedly tetchy about people describing it as a "SITE" since it is not
one and never has been. Garden-b*nter and for that matter all the other
parasitic banter sites grab original material from Usenet without
permission and repost it as is if it was their own on a website.

You should pay attention to what Nick said about Sumac being something
of a nuisance. I have grown it constrained without too much problem but
it does sucker heavily and the thick resiny sap can be sensitising to
some people but far less so than the other members of Anacardaceae which
includes the closely related poison oak and ivy and lacquer tree.
Urushiol is not something to take lightly it is in the same sort of
chemical weapon class as mustard gas but naturally made by plants. It is
also the basis of Japanese lacquerware - harmless once polymerised.

Anacardiaceae - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cashew nuts come from the type species and includes a warning about how
to roast the nuts to detoxify them whilst avoiding the smoke.

Cashew - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I would not burn sumac either.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown