Old 13-06-2012, 05:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Paul Luton[_2_] Paul Luton[_2_] is offline

Default Need advice on how to build a small rockery

On 12/06/2012 20:35, Bluelady wrote:
Hi to all. I have purchashed lots of alpines and quite a few rocks and
would like to make a feature of them within a small rockery. It will be
in the corner of the garden where the two fences meet. I have no idea,
how to build or start the rockery. Can anyone give me advice please.
Thanks x

Mix topsoil with gravel and organic material (last year's growbags would
be fine). The aim is free draining but will hold some moisture.
Make sure that the strata of the rocks is parallel.The aim here is to
look like a big block of stone that has eroded and been partially
covered in soil.