Old 14-06-2012, 11:33 AM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'David Hare-Scott[_2_
Yes in spring the flowers and new leaves are nice and so they are quite a handsome tree without fruit. This can be seen in the other pictures for those who don't have access to one.
While visiting Czech Rep (my wife is Czech) we have come across several people growing them there as ornamentals without realising the fruits have any use. This is surprising, as usually Czechs are more awake to the possibilities of using nature's bounty than the Brits.