Old 14-06-2012, 01:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Out, out, damn slug!

On 14/06/2012 09:59, Martin wrote:
On Wed, 13 Jun 2012 22:50:03 +0100, wrote:

On 13/06/2012 20:57, Jake wrote:
On Wed, 13 Jun 2012 18:49:06 +0100, David Hill
wrote:

On 13/06/2012 15:50, Martin wrote:
On Wed, 13 Jun 2012 15:18:07 +0100, Stephen Wolstenholme
wrote:

On Wed, 13 Jun 2012 11:51:35 +0100,
wrote:

On Sun, 10 Jun 2012 12:49:15 +0100, wrote:

After a tiring day in the garden yesterday, I went upstairs to prepare
for bed. I pulled my (pretty pink 'Victorian') nightdress from under my
pillow and was about to put it on ...

Eeek! Yuk! There was a slug slowly dehydrating within the folds of
aforementioned nightie :~((! Deeply disgusting .. shudder. I had no
idea that being a gardener would be so traumatic.

Talking of slugs - I have decided to try alternatives to blue things.

I bought a slug trap from Lakeland - popped the beer in - and caught twenty one
of the little blighters last night. I had previously used beer in containers
and they became quite messy - but the beer trap is looking promising and much
cleaner.

Could beer attract more slugs than it kills?

Not if you provide enough beer.

But what I want to know is can you drink the beer afterwards?

The big question, though, is whether the beer kills the slugs. the
slugs drown in the beer rather than be killed by it, or do they simply
commit suicide while happy because they're fed up with their normal
diet and depressed because they're homeless?

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling from Swansea Bay. Dave's at that end; I'm at this end.
Bill G's in the middle. Come to think of it, where is Bill G these days?

They're not homeless, Jake, they live in my nightie.

along with the almighty?

If they shared quarters with the Almighty, I doubt they'd be depressed.
I suspect you're referring to their collective demise, in which case
you'll find them with the Devil. There are no slugs in the Garden of
Eden.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London