Old 14-06-2012, 11:00 PM posted to rec.gardens
Richard Savage[_2_] Richard Savage[_2_] is offline

Default Wiring circuit for starter interlock switches on flail mower

Hi and apologies if this is not an appropriate post for this NG.

A friend has an ancient flail mower without any functioning
interlocks. This means that it can be started in gear with the clutch
engaged. As it has an 11Hp engine this is not to be tried more than
once. There are switches which detect the position of the clutch
handle and whether neutral has been selected on the gearbox but they
are not connected and there is no loom as such with obvious gaps that
they could fill. There is only a (working) kill-switch which earths
part of the ignition circuit. However, this is supposed to
incorporate the gearbox and clutch switches.

He has asked me to come up with a circuit that does just that. Any
thoughts? I've asked for details of the operation of the two unused
switches. I think that these beasts usually require the clutch to be
held in when starting and this is achieved with a clip rather like
those on the old auto-stop fuel filling nozzles that drops out when
you squeeze the clutch handle.

TIA and happy thinking

Richard