Old 14-06-2012, 11:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default More mushrooms

Farmer Giles wrote:
I'd be very wary of them myself for the simple reason that 'common'
(field) mushrooms are not usually about for a few weeks yet.

Well, it's been a funny year. But I thought they were cooler weather
critters, spring and autumn. These pop up almost all year round.

Well, it has been a funny year - but, even so, I'd still be wary of
anything resembling a field mushroom that was around much before the
second half of the summer - depending on where you live, of course.

Soggy east-of-england