Old 15-06-2012, 12:18 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Pat Kiewicz[_2_] Pat Kiewicz[_2_] is offline

Default Diagnosing disease/pest in tomatoes and chillis

FirstTimeGrower said:

More images if that helps anyone to help me...

'ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting'
(http://tinyurl.com/cggyars)
'ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting'
(http://tinyurl.com/d7g8w2x)
'ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting'
(http://tinyurl.com/clkqhom)
'ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting'
(http://tinyurl.com/cmu82w4)
'ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting'
(http://tinyurl.com/cqbdtjx)

Thanks for your effort!

Some of the damage looks like sunburn (especially the final picture).

Picture #2 pepper plant also looks like it might have spider mites (the
pattern of stippling on the leaves is what suggests that to me).

Picture#3 of the tomato leaf might be mealy bugs.

The yellowing of the lower leaves might be more a symptom of nutrient
or some other physiological trouble rather than disease.

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."

email valid but not regularly monitored