Old 22-04-2003, 03:08 PM
Art Norman

Default Veggie soil question

I too have clayey soil and last weekend I bought 50 lbs each of greensand
(gypsum?) and blood meal. They are both fine powders and I'm wondering the
best way to apply to my 4'X50' wide rows. The stuff falls right through my
drop spreader even on the smallest opening setting. I bought a few yards of
compost 2 years ago and have some left - I'll try mixing the powders with it
and hand broadcasting - a big job for my 20 beds though. (My adress ends in
..com)
"Tom Tulloch" wrote in message
Treatment for clay soil is Gypsum and organic matter.

"Kathy" wrote in message
The ground I am digging in is very hard on top, it takes a foot on the
shovel to get threw it. I loosen it all up and plant but then after

watering
the top gets a crust on it that is very hard. What can I add to that

soil
make my veggies happier?
Thanks In Advance, Kathy