Old 22-04-2003, 03:20 PM
bigboard

Default Tomato Size?

If they're a nice dark green, then I'd stick with the ones you've got,
they'll soon catch up. I repotted mine this weekend, and some of them
were getting seriously rooty! I'm new to all this, but I hope the
repotting will give them another growth spurt. My Gardener's Delight are
at the moment between 6 and 12 inches, my Balconi Red (a bush variety)
are all about 5-6 inches, whilst my chillies (can't remember the
variety) are all about 6 inches.

Is your mini greenhouse one of the upright four tier jobbies? I put my
tomato plants in there last week when the weather got seriously warm and
nearly killed them all. They all wilted and fell over, and not knowing
what the hell to do, I put them in the shade and watered thoroughly.
They have all survived, albeit with a few dodgy leaves, but just thought
I would warn you!

Let me know how you get on, as this is the first time I have done this
(previously only given advice to my parents with no experience
whatsoever!), and it's good to get some info on hgow other people are
doing. At least then I know I'm not going disasterously wrong.

Charlie wrote:
Well they look pretty healthy. They only have two sets of leaves, but they
are a much deeper/nicer green than the faded ones at the garden centre. I
might put them in my new super-turbo-charged mini greenhouse! My Chiles are
loving it in there!

Charlie.