Old 16-06-2012, 04:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Any owners of Rhus, stag horn sumach tree please read.

On Sat, 16 Jun 2012 12:20:18 +0000, Dean25
wrote:

Im not from Garden banter! I mistakenly posted on here. Ive been amazed
at the responses on here I really have.

Whilst I'm not taking sides here, because neither side is 100% right,
you ARE from Garden Banter. The headers from your first post say:

From: Dean25
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 23:46:59 +0000

So you posted to Garden Banter and Garden Banter simply sent your
message on here - if you had first read a bit of the information that
Garden Banter presents you would have perhaps understood far better
that Garden Banter is merely a "post office". Indeed, if you don't
realise that you are from Garden Banter then you have read none of the
information that's "in your face" when you log on there.

If you look at several "threads" on Garden Banter you will see lots of
references to "external usenet poster" people - those are us - and you
will see that the discussion often diverts from the original topic. At
other times, the advice we offer will be much broader than the
original question. That is what we do here.

It's not a question and answer session; it's a discussion. Only one or
two here are also members of Garden Banter; but we are all gardening
enthusiasts who are trying to help, free of charge, whilst the people
who operate Garden Banter anonymously rake in advertising income on
the back of our efforts to help people like you. But you have to
accept that when we are trying to help, we are also entitled to chat
amongst ourselves and maybe go beyond the original question.

When you posted your "helpful answers only" message you raised some
heckles. That's all. Simples.

Cheers, Jake
Urgling from Swansea Bay. Dave's at that end; I'm at this end.
Bill G's in the middle. Come to think of it, where is Bill G these days?