Old 16-06-2012, 11:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default More mushrooms

In article ,
Emery Davis wrote:

Boleti, (avoid any with an orangy-red underside) although some are
inedible such as the peppery bolitus. and the Hedgehog fungus, Hydnum
repandum are easily identifiable and are delicious.

I tried the latter once, and found it as bitter as gall. I don't
like bitter foods ....

If they're older, the water from the first cooking should be thrown out.
Another 20 minutes or so in the pan, and they're not bitter. Not a
problem with younger examples.

It was fairly young, and I did that. It wasn't as bad as cardoons
(repulsant snozzcombers), but wasn't nice.

But there are large numbers of others I find delicious.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.