Old 17-06-2012, 11:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default ID tree: cordate lvs, toothed margins, please

In article ,
says...

On 06/17/2012 08:46 AM, Rachel 101 wrote:

On 16.06.2012 19:07, Rachel 101 wrote:-
Hello everyone, I am trying to ID a tree:

Could it be a birch tree?
'Preview Page' (
http://tinyurl.com/cgyvhdk)

Hi Willi,

Thanks for the suggestion, but no: birch leaves are more-or-less
triangular or diamond-shaped, whereas these are very much heart shaped.

An odd guess but it looks like Davidia involuctrata, the Pocket
Handkerchief tree. I had a dream about this tree last night, probably
because mine keeps growing in the wrong direction, and I am about
decided to try another one this fall.

It does rather !. Rachel, do you know how long it took to spring up to
its current size of 12 ft? Or, how long the oil tank has been there.
Those might be useful clues

Janet