Old 17-06-2012, 11:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default slabbed patio

In article ,
lid says...

On Sun, 17 Jun 2012 00:02:37 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Sat, 16 Jun 2012 12:09:16 +0100, Janet wrote:

I bought one dirt cheap ex-hire and have used it for 30 years; but the
price of paraffin is now so high that it's no longer the cheap way it
once was to control weeds on drives etc.

That probably depends where you get it from. I see that B&Q have 4l
for £6.98 - £1.74/l. 40p more per litre than petrol!

Is B&Q selling N-paraffin? It's the stuff with the aromatics removed.
It is intended for paraffin lamps and paraffin stoves

Rarely within convenient reach of a BQ so whenever I've bought paraffin
it's usually from a local garage. I have used CH oil left over from when
we got rid of the oil boiler system and it works okay.

I never bother using meths as a primer to heat the vaporiser thingy, a
squirt of the parrafin does the job.

Janet.