Old 17-06-2012, 01:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default ID tree: cordate lvs, toothed margins, please

In article ,
says...

On 17/06/2012 11:33, Janet wrote:
In ,

says...

On 17/06/2012 07:46, Rachel 101 wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion, but no: birch leaves are more-or-less
triangular or diamond-shaped, whereas these are very much heart shaped.

I now have pictures: not brilliant, but I hope that they help.

1) A branch from underneath, showing how the leaves are in bunches or
two or three, not singly:

http://tinyurl.com/7qoy8a2

2) cluse up of the leaves, showing pale green matte colour, vein
pattern, and general shape:

http://tinyurl.com/7yx76pw

3) another general view of the branch:

http://tinyurl.com/ckbey5f

I looked around the garden but couldn't see anything similar in the
area (in the hope that a mature tree might give me more clues), so any
suggestions would be welcomed. I am pretty sure that it's not an exotic,
as the garden is not an "exotic" one, and the position of this tree
suggests that it was not planted deliberately, but has arrived as a
chance seedling.

Thank you,

Rachel

As you said a photp would help, you can always use something like
Photobucket and link yto the pic.
David @ the sunny end of Swansea Bay

Read before posting...
The post you quoted contains three links to photobucket pictures.

Janet

OUCH!
You enjoyed that didn't you janet.

I thought you'd earned it. Unlike slagging someone off because you
haven't read the thread.

Janet.