Old 17-06-2012, 06:36 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart Robert Hinsley View Post

Before you posted the photographs I was think maybe hazel (Corylus
avellana). First glance at the photographs I thought Tilia tomentosa.
But it's not either of them.
I wondered about Corylopsis, but on refreshing my memory of that, it's not. Sacha's suggestion of Mulberry is good for the leaf shape, but I get the impression from the second pic that the leaves are rather delicate, say like beech, whereas mulberry leaves are much tougher, more like nettle. And I'm not sure I've ever seen mulberry self seed.