Old 17-06-2012, 07:13 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
The Cook The Cook is offline

Default Summer progresses

I have picked about a dozen cucumbers this week and 2 pretty green
zucchini this morning. A couple of yellow ones will be ready in a day
or two.

The beets, cabbage & broccoli are finished. My Lodi apple tree didn't
produce much of anything. Started with them for some jelly and ended
up buying some early apples to finish out the batch. A squirrel got
most of the peaches. Our neighbor saw it going up the peach tree and
getting a peach. Then it took over to the cherry tree, ate it and
left the pit. Needless to say DH is not happy.

Yesterday I got the onions and garlic a step further. I trimmed the
tops off of them and brought them in the house before they rotted
outside. About 150 Cannellini bean seeds went in about a week ago.
Hope they will grow this year. Now I need to get the weeds out of one
of the other raised beds and put some soy beans. Maybe this afternoon
if it doesn't get too hot.

--
USA
North Carolina Foothills