Old 17-06-2012, 09:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
chris French chris French is offline

Default slabbed patio

In message , Rod
writes
On Friday, 15 June 2012 13:15:56 UTC+1, keithwood57 wrote:
Hi
Forgive me if I am covering old ground.
I am not skilled in web use and find it very difficult to navigate.
I am a retired man living in the West Midlands.
I recently changed churches and I was asked if I would take on the
church garden. This was no big problem as it had been quite well
maintained.
However, I realised that part of the job involved keeping the patio area
weeded.
Now, this is a HUGE area of paving stones and, as the church is about
fifty years old, weeds have very seriously established themselves
between them.
I have already weeded the patio twice this year. It takes (me anyway) a
full day and it is very hard work.
I have never had this problem before so I wonder if anyone would like to
make a suggestion - bearing in mind that if a weed-killer is suggested
it needs to be cost-effective. A friendly council worker who passed by
while I was weeding suggested Roundup. Now, I don't know how good this
is - but it is hugely expensive for a pensioner (and, yes, I would like
to bear the cost myself as part of my church giving).
Thank you
Keith

A generic preparation containing glyphosate is about the best thing for
the job. I use Clinic Ace (just an old formulation of Roundup out of
patent and cheaper) You won't get it from a garden centre, a local
agricultural merchant will sell it in 5litre bottles.

If the OP isn't near somewhere thet he can get it from, you can get it
online.

Eg, about 337 on Ebay from various sellers

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_fr...570.l1313&_nkw
=glyphosate&_sacat=See-All-Categories

--
Chris French