Old 17-06-2012, 11:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Too late to germinate chillis?

ashyboi5000 wrote:
In feb/march I got into growing chilli's and kept reading a thread on
the subject on an other forum, thing is I'm now wanting to grow some
more of the rarer or more exotic varieties other users have grown- the
big one being Lemon Drop.

Is it now far too late to start a fresh batch of seedlings?

I would definitely say it was too late for 'real' peppers, months and
months too late. But I think chillis grow a lot quicker, so maybe there
is hope, especially if we're due a late autumn. Probably the only way
to be sure is to try it out.