Old 18-06-2012, 07:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_4_] Ophelia[_4_] is offline

Default Any owners of Rhus, stag horn sumach tree please read.

On 2012-06-18 17:49:06 +0100, "Ophelia" said:

On 2012-06-18 15:50:24 +0100, Janet Tweedy said:

In article , Sacha

writes
I think it's fair to say that everyone is welcome in urg and that
most
urglers try to be helpful. But if they come via e.g. Gardenbanter it
may help *them* to realise that they're not in a straight question
and
answer situation. Because this is a discussion-about-gardening
group,
they will get a lot of opinions, some of which conflict! What they
won't get, usually, is Answer B to Question A.
--
Sacha

Gardening is like that though. I've just been to a garden centre where
people having been piling the most hideous mix (to my eyes) of
bedding
and hanging basket plants onto their trollies, without much though for
whether the plants are all for sunny positions or for shady areas and
intend, from their remarks, them to all be placed together.

However they may not like my carefully co-ordinated pastel colour
schemes either but each to his own

When we make up hanging baskets for orders, we always ask if they're
going to be in sun or shade. Choice of colour is up to the customer,
of
course. But when people choose for themselves, it's impossible to guide
them unless they ask for help.
--
Sacha

If I concrete over my hanging baskets and before the concrete goes off I
stick a plastic daisy in it and I am pleased with it. Is that wrong? And
who are you or anybody else, to tell me it is wrong?

"MY" hanging basket. "MY" planning. "MY" pleasure.

A dig has already been made at someone's idea of hanging baskets. Shame
on
you

What in the world are you talking about???? Surely everyone is entitled
their own opinion? You are certainly expressing yours!

--

You've just found out why he's in most peoples' kill files. There's no
sense to many of these diatribes. Nobody has made a dig at anyone. If

*rolls eyes* Understood!

--

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/