Old 19-06-2012, 12:16 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel 101 View Post
Also, the Mulberry leaves are generally just slightly shiny, and these ones are quite matte - mind you, it's a young tree, so they could differ from the adult foliage, I suppose?
The main difference on young mulberry trees is that the leaves are often lobed. It's as the tree matures that they get the heart shaped leaves.

btw - we have plenty of mulberry seeds that have been through birds (the blackbird virtually lives in it for the entire fruiting season) and I've still never found any seedlings!