Old 19-06-2012, 12:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes[_5_] Alan Holmes[_5_] is offline

Default Glyphosate

"David in Normandy" wrote in message
r...
On 18/06/2012 19:15, Martin wrote:
On Mon, 18 Jun 2012 17:44:38 +0100, "Ophelia"
wrote:

Is it selective? I want to use it next to a holly and some other
bushes.

It selects almost anything it comes in contact with.

My father sprayed some weeds next to a huge fifty year old clump of
rhubarb and accidentally got some spray on its leaves killing it!

It is vicious stuff, takes no prisoners with few exceptions - ivy
seemingly being one.

I've been trying to find someting to kill the ivy, are you saying I can't
use it for that?

If not what can I use?

To kill the ivy that is?

Alan