Old 19-06-2012, 05:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default More mushrooms

"kay" wrote in message

Christina Websell;962159 Wrote:

Interestingly, today, I noticed the same type of mushroom that made me
ill
has appeared in exactly the same place in my garden. One only, it's
always
just the one - 3 or 4 inches across, white on top, looks exactly like a
safe
one. Will I eat it? Nope. It's been chewed a bit by something, but
that
something will never be me!
If there are mushroom experts here, I could pull it up see what colour
the
gills are and whether it has a frillie thing on the stem - but I don't
think
I would have eaten it before if the gills hadn't been brown which may
have
lulled me into a sense of false security.
If it helps, underneath poplar trees, shady garden.

Tina

Please do - it would be interesting to know what it was that made you so
ill.

OK, I will pick it a bit later on when I go down to the hens to cover up
their food from the ratties, so it will be around dusk, and then try and
describe it on here. I'll start a new thread called My poisonous mushroom
when I have it in front of me otherwise it might get lost in this thread.