Old 20-06-2012, 03:28 AM posted to rec.gardens
Dan Espen[_2_] Dan Espen[_2_] is offline

Default Tree Stump Removal

Higgs Boson writes:

On Jun 19, 1:52Â*am, Jason Burke
wrote:
Hi. Converting a tree stump into a planter is one of the best way to
decorate your garden. It's beneficial also, because the new plants will
get all sorts of nutrition from the dead tree. Nowadays, more & more
people are using dead tree stump as planters. By this, we can reuse the
dead tree, can decorate our garden & grow more plants.

--
Jason Burke

But isn't it challenging to hollow out the stump? Or am I not getting
it...?

HB

If the tree died, it might rot from the inside and
leave a hollow stump.

Now I think about it, my neighbor put some plants
in a stump like that. Used mulch too.
Looked pretty good.

--
Dan Espen